Mexico City

Aaron won 3rd place in the State Boulder Competition! Yay! He is a strong little string-bean, let me tell you. That kid is all muscle!  His winning is awesome and he is now eligible for the National Boulder Competitions like last year.  The downer here is that the competition is in Mexico City.

I came to Mexico at the ripe old age of 19.  Took the bus many times to Mexico City where I got pick-pocketed and groped a couple of times on the Metro (Don´t tell my mom! She would freak!).  I also rode the bus from Toluca to Oaxaca, doing the bus, metro, bus through Mexico City several times on my own.  I didn´t think twice about it (except wanting to find the offenders and to beat them) and consider myself quite adventuresome.

However, since I have had children my adventurous spirit has dwindled.  Taking trips has become a stress factor.  It isn´t the traveling with children.  Even traveling on my own has added a certain level of ¨freak-out!¨ A couple of years ago I traveled to a Women´s Retreat in Honduras, and even though I was with other missionary women my stress level was to the roof and I practically found myself in a touristic frenzy trying to get on through customs and making connections.

And so, as the date draws nearer, my anxiety level rises.  If they could only knock me over the head and wake me when we get there!  Or better yet, wake me when we get back!


  • Job 31:4 ¨Does He not see my paths and count all my steps?¨
  • Psalms 91:11 ¨He will give order to His angels about you, that they guard you in your paths.¨
  • Proverbs 3:6 ¨Recognize Him in all your paths, and He will make straight your way.¨

Comments

Popular Posts