My Family


This is my beautiful sister and her family, my talented mother, and my handsome husband and kids. My sister "inherited the brains of the family", like the old cliche says. She is a successful Architect and partner in her firm. She has three beautiful girls who are great athletes. Her husband is an honest man who works for the Sheriff's Department, and has a great personality that brings joy to those around him. There is never a dull moment with him around... in the best way! Their youngest daughter and my daughter are very close. At times too close. They will play beautifully for days, then suddently "hate eachother". After a day of being apart, they will end up being the best of friends again.

Kind of reminds me of my sister and I growing up. I always looked up to her and thought she was THE BEST. She was a great athlete, made great grades in school, and could figure out how to do hard things like play a musical instrument or take Algebra or Chemistry classes. I was sent to Geometry since my brain could not grasp the idea of mixing the alphabet with numbers.
I loved her to death, she was my hero... but we also had our moments of fighting like cats and dogs! I guess that's pretty normal for most siblings.

When our kids were littler we weren't as close. I think our different styles of raising our kids, and immaturity (probably mostly on my part) made our visits short and sweet. The moment we felt we were getting on each other's nerves we would seperate to keep things enjoyable.

Now days I have really enjoyed being around her and her family. We have gone on vacations together and I so appreciate that she is willing to use all her vacation time with me and my family! We so enjoy her and her husband. I hope the feeling is mutual.

While we were Stateside this year, my mother, sister and I had "Girl's night out". We went out to supper then shopping afterwards. I think this was the second time we did anything just the three of us, and it was a great evenging. Last night I drempt that the three of us had decided to go on a fancy trip together to Europe or NY. Maybe someday we will!
With all the cousins being girls, Aaron is the odd man out. He is always more than ready to go when it is time to head to Papa Don's house. This is just one of the reasons. For his 11th birthday this year Papa Don bought him a .22 riffle. Aaron spent his time either riding the four wheeler or dune buggy or hunting prairie dogs with Papa Don.

(The whole clan: Serrano's, Clardy's, Eppard, Papa Shorty Ray, and Aunt K. Sandorsky and her bunch, the Rizzo's and Jahn's)

Comments

Popular Posts