A sewing project with my girl

I have been wanting to do a quilt with my little girl for quite some time now, and that time has finally come! I was thinking of doing a quilt with dolly dresses like the one shown here: http://hollyholderman.typepad.com/dollydresses2and3/ But then, on her last trip to the States, the FanTAbuLouS Mrs. Brown bought me this paper doll print material:


Isn't it totally cute?! I wasn't sure what to do with it, but then looking for clip-art for another project, I found these cute little angels and thought, "Those would be the perfect faces for the dresses!"So, I think what we will do here is somehow transfer the face (without the wings) to some plain muslin, embroidry it and some arms and legs, then applique the clothes on.
This is the idea:

Won't it be cute?! Emi thought so!
And I have NO idea how I got two of the same pictures on here, so if you missed that last one, Here it is again!!!!

I will try to post each block as we get them made!

Comments

Popular Posts