Emi's new Bike!


A few months ago Emi went out to ride her bike. We had bought her the bike a few weeks before she broke her arm. Then after she finally got her cast and screws out, the Dr. told her she still couldn't ride until she had full movement of her arm. This was like torture to the poor girl!!!

FINALLY she was able to go for a ride! She had barely begun to enjoy the re-newed freedom of feeling the air on her face and the speed of her legs when it was once again taken away. Just a few weeks after she got the thumbs up to ride, she headed out for a ride around the block.

Before I knew it, Emi came home crying and screaming and I just knew something horrible had happened. When I got out the door I saw her carrying her mangled bike in one arm and its back tire in the other. Tears were streaming down her dusty face, leaving clean tracks on her freckled skin. My heart dropped to my stomach and I just knew she had been hit! But then I realised she wouldn't be carrying her bike if she had been run over. Thank you Lord!

What had happened is that she was barely enjoying her ride, (in our very low transit neighborhood with no sidewalks) when she realised our dog had followed her. She left her bike on the edge of the street while she ran our dog back home. On her way back to her bike she saw a greeen vehicle totally crunch it and drive off. She must have left it on the ground in front of the car. We never saw the green car again, so we think it must have belonged to a worker at one of the houses being constructed.

I believe my dad happened to call that day and I told him what had happened, and a few weeks ago he called to say he wanted to get Emily a new bike! Emi burst out in tears and told him how much she loved him and thanked him. He told me she 'bout melted his heart and made him cry too! She does tend to be a sweety sweet little girl. With the retreat, then being sick, etc... we just now got Emi her new bike. Thank you Papa Don for making my baby happy again!!!

Comments

Popular Posts