Let the Fun begin!

I have recently finished a couple of activities that were taking up a hunk of my time. I am blessed that they turned out so well!

First of all, I offered to make my in-laws 50th Anniversary invitations. It seemed like a good idea when it popped out of my mouth.... I did a bit of research online, and ended up designing them based on a wedding invitation. Actually there were only 50 invitations to make, so it really didn't take much time. I think the most time was spent trying to explain the idea to the people who printed them out. I was proud with the result, and excited to present my creation to my mother-in-law, who non-chalantly said they were "fine"!!! Oh, my acheing EGO!!!! FINE?????!!! }:/

In March of every year we have our annual Ladies' Retreat at church. however, this year there was confusion about the usual 3 day weekend, and we ended up planning a Ladies' Day instead. The theme was "Refreshed in Christ" and although it was an extrememly warm day, we all left feeling refreshed and encouraged. I was so pleased to have more women involved in the planning and actual events of the day. Two of our older sisters (Cristina, standing 3rd from the right & Esperanza standing 2nd from the right) gave classes for the first time in front of the "large" group, and although their nervousness was evident, they were wonderful! Maybe I am just biased becasue I love these two women dearly. Marisol led singing and did a wonderful job, and Laura worked on the decorations and the art/craft section of the day. It was a wonderful day, and I truly felt the Spirit moving within us!


Before all the "excitement". My dear hubby and I were able to escape to our refuge in the mountains of Puebla. Some friends recommended this little village to us last year when we found ourselves without children for the weekend, and we instantly fell in love with its rock streets, teja roofs, and beautiful views.


So, now I find myself with a bit of free time on my hands... A dear new friend brought some beautiful material down for me from the US, so I am just itching to get to that! I also have the quilt stretched out on the quilting frame that needs to be finished. And now with spring in the air, my brain is filling with ideas for Easter dresses and skirts for Emi and I.... and there is the Ladies' Retreat for Missionary Women that I am helping with decorations...

Where oh where do I begin?

Comments

Popular Posts