God's Will or not?

How do we truly know when something is God's will? I think we all know some very big ideas of what his will is, ex: God wants all to recieve eternal life, God wants us to Love him over all things, God wants us to love others as ourselves... Those are things that we can concretely say are His Will. But I am having a problem with the little things that seem to fall in between the cracks. It seems that there are things that I am just certain are His will, and they just don't turn out the way I had expected. They fall through the cracks. (Maybe through the cracks in my faith?)

I know that the Lord is all sovereign and powerful, but sometimes it seems like people get in the way of His will being fullfilled. People being third persons. Jorge mentioned in his sermon on Sunday that God has plans for each of us, but it depends on US if we fullfill those plans or not. Well, what if we are fullfilling His plans but OTHERS seem to get in the way of His Will.

This may be a dumb example, but... If there were two pies, one cherry and the other apple, and you are there thinking, "Which one would God have me eat?" And you really feel that He wants you to eat apple, but the waitress says, "You can't have apple, you can have cherry." Then to the person next to you, she gives apple when there is no difference between the person next to you and yourself. The waitress just decided you needed cherry.

So, my question is, do you just settle and say, "It wasn't God's will."? Or do you look for a different waitress who will serve you the piece of pie that you were certain was God's will in the first place?

When, if ever, do you accept the cherry pie?

Or do you ask all ten waitresses for apple pie? If none of them give you the apple pie, do you THEN say, "Welp, must not have been God's will."

BUT,If the TENTH waitress gives you apple pie, do you conclude that it WAS INDEED God's Will and praise God that His will was fullfilled?

No, I'm not needing a sugar rush. I am not upset about pies served at the local cafe, (I'd much rather have cake!) I am talking about plans that you put sweat and tears and blood and prayers into, and you are just GUT CERTAIN that they are the Lord's Will, but then someone or something gets in their way.

Do you give up your dream, or do you look for other means of making it come true?

Comments

Popular Posts