All in Order

We finally have all our documents in order. We have spent the last month trying to get my birthcertificate translated. That might seem odd since I am fluent in both English and Spanish, but not only did it need to be translated, but it also needed an oficial seal. That was the major problem.

We (or actually DH) went to the US consulate, a MX government agency, the county courthouse, waited two weeks to see if protestors would free up the Language Faculty at the University, and finally found an "Oficial Translator" with and "Oficial Seal" at the French Consul. She was very snouty and bragged about being the ONLY Oficial Translator in Oaxaca, but DH found several gramamtical mistakes! We are praying it will be OK.

We have seriously been working on this one document for a month! We are so excited to finally have everything in order! All we have to do now is turn in the documents and have a "physical" with the attending DR. there at the office. Then they will turn our file over to the Adoption Committee for revision. They are the ones who decide whether we are fit to adopt or not.

This brings us to our current difficulty. Protestors have now decided to take over main roads, block major intersections, and close all government agencies. Yes, that means the adoption agency. Even if we were finally able to make it there through the blockades, there is very little hope that the agency would be open.

Ahhh, the joys of living in OAX!

We are praying that things will clear up over the weekend so that we can take our documentation in on Monday. At least we are one step closer to broadening our family!

Comments

Jamie Jo said…
Had to do a bit of detective work, but I found your blog! I'll have to come back and read more. I've learned so much already. Is it okay if I list yours on a letter to the Oaxaca missionary community?
Tish said…
That´s fine. Did you know that Ilona Haddinger has a blog also? I´m so excited to have a follower! And more so, that it is you! Blessings!!
Jamie Jo said…
No, I haven't found hers yet, but I'll look. Maybe I need to send out another letter asking people to submit theirs. How about a Saturday breakfast in Oaxaca? Maybe I'll just send an email to everyone, and whoever can show up will....
Tish said…
Sounds great! Count me in!

Popular Posts