Thursdays Come, Thursdays Go....

and I am still trying to get in the habit of blogging! I am so bad! I actually have a bit of quite exciting news, DH and I have decided to adopt! We have talked about it on and off since we got married, and now we have finally taken the first step to actually doing it!

Day before yesterday my hubby decided to call a friend that he knew used to work in the DIF (Government child protection agency here in Mexico) and ask him if he knew how to get started, where to go, etc... His friend said, "Yea, let me give you ----´s cell phone number, she is head of the Adoptions´ Department." Totally unexpected!

So my hubby called ----- and she said,"Yea, I have half an hour free tomorrow if you would like to come in and talk." WOW! I immediatly got nervous.

So, yesterday we went down to the offices and met her. She was super friendly, and very positive. She said she would e-mail us the forms and a list of requisits. We should start out with a letter to the adoptions committee, and obtain a letter of no former arrests (not sure if that is waht it is in english). Anyhows, so we are waiting ANXIOUSLY to get started. We know that the Lord is totally in control, and I really feel at peace with finally making the decision. I know that anything that happens will be for our good.

The kids have mentioned having a brother or sister, so we have mentioned adoption in the past. It is not a new idea for them, and they are also excited. I told them, though, that we probably won´t know anything until after they go back to school for the next school year. I just don´t want them to be anxious, just aware.

I am totally excited though!!

Comments

That's is awesome and very noble! God is opening doors for you guys!!! My hubby and I also would like to adopt mostlike from Mexico. We live in the states, my hubby is Mexican-American. We started gathering info last month and talked to someone for guidance but might be transferred here soon somewhere else through the Army so we want to settle in and continue praying to see if it's the right time according to God's will. There are two videos you might like to see..it really touched my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=demRHgul2Zk

AND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MdQP3OK4s

I hope you like them! Very excited for you guys!!! God bless you guys on this journey!

Hugs, Susan
Just a little note....you should go for it...take the time to do the little things you've always wanted to do (read your description). Piano has been on my to-do list for a long time and can't believe I'm about to do finish my 8 wk piano class with a recital on the way! You should look into it, it feels so good to do the things you've always dreamed of:D
Tish said…
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I know we always tend to put things off till we "get a roun´to-it". You have inspired me! I will pray for you and your hubby!

Popular Posts