2007 - 2008

Another new year has come upon us, and as usual we tend to think of all the goals, attainable or not, that we would like to accomplish in this year. I hate finding my old list of New Year´s Resolutions and seeing that I didn´t acchieve even half of them. It´s quite frustrating. But more importantly I enjoy looking back on the year just past and seeing all the "spontaneous" achievements. Such as....
  • Finished sewing projects
  • events hosted in our home
  • getting past hard "stages" with the kiddos
  • hearing the Spirit teach you something new in a verse read and re-read so many times afore.
  • seeing Aaron read a chapter book in Spanish
  • hear Aaron reading a simple book in English
  • seeing Emily print different words taken from bookcovers or magazine covers
  • seeing Emily learn to write her full name
  • hearing Emily sound out her dad´s nick name and writing it down
  • seeing Emily doing simple addition when this time last year she made up names for the numbers 1-10
  • seeing how quickly Aaron picks up on math
  • actually sitting through church services without having to scold someone
  • not only putting up a chore chart, but actually following it daily!!! (YEAH!)
  • getting out and making new friends
  • finishing off a year and a half of meeting with the women in prayer
  • taking personal trips with the children (Emily and I went to a small village for a weekend, Aaron and Jorge went to Toluca for a weekend)
Actually, it seems that most of the things on my list are more of the kids´ accomplishments than my own, but hey, I am the mom helping them get to where they are, right?

There were hard times this year too that we were able to get through. I suffered major burn out at church during the summer and just completely shut down for a couple of months, but I am once again back on the horse and ready to get going. We also lost another baby in Nov. That I think is still on the surface and will take some time to completely digest. It seems like it was easier physically than last time, but harder emotionally this time since the kids are older and more aware of what is going on now.

And now we are here in 2008. There are so many things that just here in the past month have popped up and caused change both in our mindset with the church and our mindset with our family. This year promises to be exciting and full of activity. I just pray that the evil one will be hald at bay and we might see God´s glory shine in His church through the different opportunities that are being presented.

I pray that we might grow in unity and in faith as a family. I pray that my children will increase in their own faith in God and not just adopt a form of thinking that we put on them.

I pray for my own personal goals that I might focus on becomming a better person for Christ and not on the usuall vainly thought out goals of years past.

I pray for my huband and his personal goals, that he might grow in leadership, and that the Lord might protect him from the darts of discouragement that the evil one seems to suprise him with in moments otherwise peaceful.

I pray that the church might open their eyes and hearts to seeing and interacting with others as Christ did, and not be blinded with their own selfrighteousness and judgements.

I pray that this year we might all be just one more step closer to understanding God´s grace for us and for all.

Comments

Popular Posts