Thanksgiving at School

I definitly believe that God works things out for the best. Being away from home could be really hard for the kids, especially given the circumstances (dad not here with us). But knowing my kids and knowing how they love to make new friends, I decided to see this as an opportunity for them to meet new children and learn a little more about USA culture.

The day after we arrived in little Anton, Texas, I decided to go down to the school and take a look around. It is right down the street from my mom's house. When the kids went in they were a little nervous, as was I, but everyone was really nice, and we already knew a few people from mom's church that work there. As I checked in to getting them enrolled, they went to see there classrooms. When they got back, they asked if they were going to stay. That was a Thursday. I told them it would be better to start on Monday. They agreed, but everyday after that Emi would ask if that was the day they would go to school.

So far they have had lots of fun. Since they arrived right before Thanksgiving, they have been been able to do all kind of activities based on the Holiday. They have made Turkey hats, Pilgrim hats, made Thankful Journals, read about the first Thanksgiving, and even had a mini Thanksgiving dinner. This has been great for them since I have tried to pass on the Thanksgiving tradition in Mexico, but its hard when you are the only one who knows what it is.

I couldn't help but take this picture in front of ALCO's. The turkey was too cute. This is KK (my niece) and Emi in her turkey hat.

This is Emily in her Turkey hat. The Turkey legs hang down the side of her face. She must have worn this hat for three days all over town.

Here are my little Pilgrims and Turkey together.

I wonder if the original Pilgrims were so cute?!

Comments

Popular Posts