Pampering in Cancun


When telling about any event in our life it is so much easier to tell about the material details than the spiritual implications, don´t you think? It is so much easier to think of what colors we saw or the wonderful view than to explain the amazing sentiments that were stired up in your soul.
And so, I decided to write about my trip to Cancun in 2 (or more) posts. First about the Hotel and view.... Then about all the stiring of my soul. If you have never heard about Women of the Harvest, I really recommend you going to their web site and checking them out. They are an amazing group of Women who are doing an amazing ministry to women on the field.



When we arrived at the Hotel I was flabergasted. It was one of the nicest Hotels I have ever been in. I really felt like a country bumkin walkin´ in. The floors were marbel and were so shiney it looked like you were walking on the ice of a skating rink right after the machine goes over it to smoothe it out. The architecture was just beautiful with a huge palapa (at least 3 stories highg!) at the entrance and escaltors leading up to the large lobby with little seating areas spread around, seperated by beautiful palms in large terracota pots.


(Part of the Hotel & Restaurant - right edge)

Then we went up to our rooms. OH-MY-WORD! The beds in those rooms were sinful! They were so fluffy and soft that when you laid down it was like your body melted into it like a warm spoon in a tub of butter. There was airconditioning, so the big fluffy covers and those perfect sheets felt so, so nice!! In the evenings when we returned from Praise Time the sheets would be pulled back, and a single, yummy chocolate would be carefully placed on the fold. I am so glad I don´t have one of those beds at home, or I would never get up in the mornings!!!


The food was fenomenal! We had buffet at breakfast, buffet at lunch, and buffet at supper! And let me tell you, I did come back a bit bigger round the waist than when I went! I told my hubby I would take a picture of what I had, but it was so scrumptous that I would always dig in before remembering my photographic task. Everyone else, so it seemed, was feasting on fish and shrimp, but no, not this Texan! I went straight for the beef everytime! You can take the girl out of Texas but can´t take Texas out of the girl! Especially if you are used to eating the thin "tasajo" of Oaxaca. That "arracherra" they had was tentalizing! I think they must have marrinated it for at least a month because it literally melted in your mouth. You almost didn´t even have to chew, it was so soft!!


Of all these wonderful aspects of the trip, I have to say, the view was the most spectacular. Of course! I mean, the other things were wonderful, but the most amazing things on this earth are always works of the creator of all things, our Lord most High! Those colors of blue were just breathtaking! When we arrived, we were wisked away to lunch at the Hotel restaurant that was right on the beach, and I could barely concentrate on my food! The ocean that spread before us was not just one beautiful color, but three! The brighter sky blue close to the beach showed the shallow water, then there was a darker shade of that same blue a ways out where the water began to get deeper, then the most beautiful deep blue out in the open sea. Just amazing! And to frame it, white white sand on the beach and beautiful white clouds in the sky. God is truly the greatest artist whose works I have seen! Thank you Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts