Getting Organized!!

Today is the last day of the first week of school! Yay! I was really worried about getting into the swing of things, but I am amazed at how the Lord has helped us have a breazy entrance into the school year!

To start the year out on the right foot, I have been practicing a new morning rutine. Here it is:
  1. 6:45 Rise and Shine
  2. 7:00-7:40 Get kids ready and off to school
  3. Coffee & Time with the Lord
  4. Water plants
  5. E-mails & Blog
  6. Unfinished Projects
  7. 1:45 Start Making Lunch

After getting the kids off, I really don´t put a time limit on any of the activities since I don´t want to be so strict as to leave out any space for "Divine Intervention". At least 2 days a week will be on a different schedule since I have Young Mother´s Group once a week and Breakfast Date and visitation with hubby once a week also (a definite must!).



These are a couple of projects that I have done.
Not recently, but none the less, I did get them done!


A baby blanket for a young couple´s first baby boy.
(His name is Emanuel, hence the embroidered "E")


Another baby blanket, this time for my sweet new niece Larissa. I put diaper cloth as the backing on this one, and I am thinking of doing it on all future baby blankets since it is soft and absorbent and warm!

I have a dresser full of material scraps, so my goal is to make all kinds of sewing projects out of them before Thanksgiving. Then once I have a good number of items, I plan on putting a table up in front of my in-laws tortilla shop and selling them. 20% of the funds made will go towards minisrty and the rest will go towards buying more material for future projects.
  • Note cards
  • Thank you cards
  • Christmas cards (all using my stamping and scrapbooking odds n ends)
  • baby blankets
  • lap blankets
  • quilted notebook covers
  • tote bags
  • Baby items such as booties, hats, burp rags, bibs...
If it works, then I am going to invite the ladies from church to join me in makeing Christmas craft items to sell during the month of December. Then all those funds will go to the Women´s Ministry and/or VBS fund for next year! I really hope God blesses this idea!
Some projects I have in consideration are:

If all goes well, I will "use up" all my current materials that I have been saving (or hoarding) for "later". I feel so guilting having so much "stuff" in my sewing/craft room and not using it. I think of all the great finished projects I could have accomplished by now and it is quite embarrasing!



Comments

Popular Posts